MP-500 (rebranded TS Mega) works great with bias fx moble ios
bassundergrace last edited by
I found little info on these so I wanted to share some things others may find helpful especially if using bias fx mobile ios. By the way the mp-500 is just a rebranded TS-Mega that is basically $100 less from Thomann,
- it is indeed pre-programmed for bias fx, but you will need to change the mode to bifx as the default is for jamup.
- The ipad does power the pedal on its own, but you will need what apple calls a camera to usb adapter.
- Adding external power to the pedal does not seem to charge ipad, (I am using apple USB 3 adapter) at least not with the apple adapter I bought.
- The "L in" does send signal to both right (XLR and 1/4) and left (1/4) outputs. So you can xlr to mains and run a 1/4 out to an amplifier on stage. The output volumes are separate for these in mono which is nice.
- There is some kind of funky bypass mode. (noted by a left arrow on led screen) Still not quite sure what combo of buttons I did that got rid of it.
- The headphone out does seem to mute the other outputs when something is in it.
- You can assign the positive grid tuner or a specific pedal to a switch 1-4, switches A-D are for your presets.