How to resolve Facebook messenger problem?
Jack Jammy last edited by
There are multiple reasons for Facebook Messenger problems. It depends on the situation what you are facing on your device. Let's discuss some of the problems which are commonly faced by users.
- The messenger of the app may have been crashed
- The messenger may not load properly on your device.
- After the update, Facebook Messenger is not installed.
- No display of chat messages
- showing eroor on chat
rachelgomez161999 last edited by
Ways to fix Messenger not working
Restart your phone
- Restarting your phone has been trusted for years as a remedy to many problems on a smartphone. Just as sleeping or taking a nap resets your brain, restarting your phone resets the phone memory and can fix some problems along with it.
- In case you're not familiar with this, you can restart your phone by long-pressing the power key for about 8-10 seconds. 3. Better still, you can make use of the traditional Android method; long-press the Power key until you see the power menu.
- Tap on Restart and wait for your phone to reboot. Some devices require you to swipe one way or the other to restart your phone.
Force stop the Messenger app
If rebooting your phone doesn't fix the messenger not working problem, you can try forcing it to stop. Follow the steps below to try it out.
- Open the Settings app on your phone and click Apps & notifications.
- View all apps and select Messenger on the list.
- Finally, hit Force stop to exit the Messenger app.
- Relaunch it after that to see if it works, or keep going.
Clear cache for Messenger
- The “Facebook Messenger down” issue might happen if the cache file is corrupted or getting out of hand.
- Though, the cache allows your apps to store some data temporarily, which makes them run faster and use few resources; but you should clear it when it's causing the Messenger app to malfunction. Here's how to do it.
- Launch your phone Settings and open the Apps & notifications
- Find the Messenger on the list and open it. (Note: some phones require you to first tap an option to view all apps).
- On the App info interface, click on Storage & cache.
- Hit Clear storage to wipe away the stored cache.
7.Restart Messenger and try using it to see if it works.