Firmware 22.214.171.124 update SUCCESS
cmsaw83 last edited by
What's up my fellow Sparksters. So I literally JUST completed the update process for my Spark for the firmware 126.96.36.199 with the Jimi stuff and amp additions and whatever else is supposed to be a part of it.
I had posted previously about how I wasn't going to update mine, because I got so irritated after seeing a constant stream of posts regarding hardware crashes that I was afraid to even try it. What pissed me off more was the fact that Positive Grid didn't seem to be doing anything about it. Granted, that is just what I could see based on the lack of assistance within this very forum, but it was more than enough to get me feeling some type of way.
So I literally decided today that I would try it, and to prepare, I went to our 2nd floor and set everything up right next to a window with a great view of the driveway and after everything was ready to go, the last thing I did was open that window as wide as it could go, so that when all was said and done, if things took a turn for the worst and went south post-188.8.131.52, it would be very easy once unplugged from my laptop and the wall, to heave ol' Sparky right on out there and watch it hurdle toward the pavement and it's ultimate doom.
Pleasant surprises are too few and far between in this life, but certainly always more than welcome, and today I experienced one when I ejected the amp from my laptop and closed out the update tool. To my complete and utter disbelief, I pulled the Spark App up and hit the "connect" prompt as per usual... Only instead of smoke and actual sparks, and instead of a lifeless box with 5 lights blinking in unison before me, I looked at my amp and realized that it had simply picked right up where it left off. So I scrolled down the amps to one of the additions, and instead of the message telling me to update my firmware, when I selected it, the newly available amp sim just popped up on the screen ready to be used. I took it through the paces, twisting the dials and then I strummed my guitar and it worked beautifully.
Anyway, I just thought I would share my experience for anyone else who may be wondering as I was. I don't know why it worked for me and not others, but it did. I have a newer PC running Windows 10 that's not quite 6 months old, and a new Samsung Galaxy S21 phone, but other than that I just followed the directions. The one thing I will say is, DO NOT plug your USB from the amp to your computer until the prompts of the update process instruct you to do so. This means, if you use your Spark as an Audio Interface and it is already plugged in to your computer/USB, the UNPLUG IT. I would do so before I even opened the link to download the update to the PC, just to be on the safe side.
Hope maybe this helps someone. I haven't tried it all out yet, but it looks to be quite a good bit of additional gear within the App.