Any battery recommendations for spark?
longhotsummmer last edited by longhotsummmer
I'm looking to buy a battery for the spark. Any recommendations?
Also, what specs should the battery have? And how long can I expect it to run on a 20,000 mah battery?
dhbailey last edited by dhbailey
@longhotsummmer The specs for a battery are that it must be able to output 19V at 2.4Amps (or greater), with a tip that measures 5.5mmx2.1mm (although a tip that measures 5.5mmx2.5mm will work) with tip positive.
To figure out how long a battery will last, there is math involved. Since the amp needs 2.4amps, convert the mah into amp-hours. 20,000mah=20 amp-hours. Since the Spark will draw 2.4amps at its maximum power draw, divide 20 by 2.4. The answer is 8.33hours. But that is not the entire picture since the Spark's power draw is rarely at its maximum so you should get many more hours of use out of a single charge.
I bought a 35000mah battery, so that's actually 35amp-hours. Dividing that by 2.4amps gives a result of 14.58hours. However when I first got my Spark I tested the battery and after using it as a bluetooth speaker for about 9 hours and actual guitar amplifier for about 2 hours (total usage 11 hours) my batter was only depleted by 35%, leaving 65% still available for more time.
The battery I bought was the PowerAdd 35,000mAh and when I bought it, it was right around $100 at Amazon. I've used it a lot for things like keeping my notebook computer going outdoors away from a power outlet while also recharging my iPad and iPhone.
So you'll get at least 8hours, 20 minutes and will likely be able to use the Spark on a single charge for many more hours, depending on the volume you turn the Spark up to.
longhotsummmer last edited by
@dhbailey Thank you, I'll take a look at the battery 😆
mdzurko33 last edited by
After watching a youtube video I bought this one and it works great!
I've been using it mostly feeding headphones and I suspect would run maybe 15 hrs or more that way. I've heard you can expect around 8-10 hrs if you are using the speakers.
TalentCell Lithium ion Battery Pack NB7102, Rechargeable 17500mAh 64.75Wh Li-ion Power Bank with DC 24/19/5V and USB-C 5/9/12/15/20V Output for Laptop, Notebook, Smartphone, Camera and More