Spark wish list
thermality last edited by thermality
After a couple months usage, here are things I would like to see added to future software and firmware updates for Spark ...
Things that are a priority to me, in order of importance:
- A larger music volume knob!
- Ability to record a jam track or backing track as a track in a DAW without needing a separate audio interface between the amp and the computer.
- Ability to save more than 20 Liked Songs -- at least 50, 100 would be better. Save them to my device if necessary.
- Ability to import songs and playlists directly from YouTube in the same manner as Spotify, i.e. from the main app menu rather than having to do a search that cannot perform batch imports. I don't really understand this omission since the Spotify imports are coming from YouTube anyway (which I don't understand either).
- Ability to access backing tracks stored locally (phone/tablet/computer/cloud).
- Add country category to presets and smart jams.
- Access/edit my account settings and preferences.
- Save previously imported playlists.
- Some sort of pop-up lists on the pre-fab smart jams to show where in the list the current jam is, and be able to select from the list rather than having to sample each one blindly.
- More accurate chord analysis, especially making chord changes on the right beats.
Less urgent but still welcome:
- Ability to view playlists in list form (without thumbnails) to reduce horizontal scrolling.
- Ability to sort playlists on my profile page by name, date, etc. Even better, let me drag and drop the order.
- Looper pedal.
- Spring reverb.
- Turn off the blinking light on the amp.
- Ability to toggle off/on categories on the Music page -- e.g., I have limited interest in jazz, bossa nova, funk and reggae, and I will never need tracks for metal or hiphop so all that is just visual white noise I have to scroll past all the time.
- Ability to experiment with the order of the pedals in the drive train.
- Ability to add/remove basic keyboard and/or rhythm guitar to smart jams. I know that's asking quite a bit, but you gotta admit it would be cool. Might even cut down on the need for third-party backing tracks.
- And finally, add a button to my profile page that instantly makes me better than Clapton.