Setting up the AirTurn BT200-series switchboard for basic pedalboard use in BIAS FX2
jnoel last edited by
I searched the Internet for quite a while for a step-by-step, including AirTurn's site, and only found bits and pieces to lead me in the right direction. I purchased two S-6 boards, and was able to get them set up to give me 12 switches. Here is what I did:
- Download the AirTurn Manager iOS app, and use it to discover your device.
- Open the device instance and tap "Switch Actions."
- In the Switch Actions window, choose "Mode 7", and the the switch you want to edit.
- If you want the switch to perform only an on-off task, leave Sequence Type as "Sequence," and tap "Mechanism" and change it to "Latch."
- Click on "MIDI Status" and scroll down to Special Control Change. Enter the CC # you want to use (pick a number from 0-127), and enter 127 as the Value. NOTE: You don't need to set an "off" value-- it's done by default.
- Go back two pages to the main window for the controller, and tap "Save to AirTurn."
- Repeat for the other switches.
Set the AirTurn device to MIDI Mode. Hold the mode button down until the light blinks 7 times. Open BIAS FX2.
- Choose a pedal for your board and load it.
- Tap and hold until the MIDI Assignment menu appears.
- At the top will be an item labeled "Power Toggle." Tap the "Learn" button
- Press the AirTurn button you want to use.
- The button should now be paired to the pedal. Repeat for the rest.
Advice-- since there are no LEDs, use a piece of bright painter's tape, write which pedal the button controls and apply the tape to the AirTurn device under the button. Also, if you are using multiple AirTurns, be sure to label each one with their device ID to make things easier if you decide to make changes.