Spark Amp Firmware v1.0.2.253 Beta

Hi Spark amp users,

Please feel free to try the new Spark amp firmware v1.0.2.253 beta by following the steps below:

1. Download the latest Spark app beta on your smartphone/tablet below
    1. Turn on your Spark amp and connect it to the Spark app beta above, follow the instruction shown in the app to update the firmware

*Release notes:

• We’ve improved the tones of 6 drive pedals! Check out the new and improved Tube Drive, Over Drive, Fuzz Face, Black Op, Brassmaster, and SAB Driver!

• USB output volume has been increased

• Tuner usability improvements. Long pressing the tuner button will activate the tuner, and only a short press is required to go back to Preset mode.

• Improved tuner input detection sensitivity

• Balanced music volume for consistency between Smart/Quick Jam and the built in YouTube Player

• Bug fixes and performance improvements

Any feedback is welcome,
    you can also contact us via https://help.positivegrid.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thank you!

• The fact that these improvements can be made through firmware updates is awesome.

• Great!, just a quick note, I am using the Android version, I had to uninstall the previous version first in order to install this new version, I lost all my created/downloaded presets, it's not a big deal, I had just a few, but in the future it would be nice to have an export/import presets or a cloud connection like Gdrive, iCloud to store this presets when the app has to be uninstalled without the need of re-create the tones, or re-download them one you like from the tone cloud

• I just got my Spark and it seems to need a firmware update. When I adjust the gain, volume either cuts in half or goes off completely. Can you help?

@dhgouveia2 said in Spark Amp Firmware v1.0.2.253 Beta:

Great!, just a quick note, I am using the Android version, I had to uninstall the previous version first in order to install this new version, I lost all my created/downloaded presets, it's not a big deal, I had just a few, but in the future it would be nice to have an export/import presets or a cloud connection like Gdrive, iCloud to store this presets when the app has to be uninstalled without the need of re-create the tones, or re-download them one you like from the tone cloud

Sorry for the loss, we'll try to improve the FW update flow from here, thank you very much for your feedback.

@jrigwald
    Please send a support ticket to us https://help.positivegrid.com/hc/en-us/requests/new , thank you.

• I tried the beta now and the volume using the Spark as a direct audio interface is quite better and pretty good in clean sounds or fender amps but when u try to record sounds with more effects or compression the volume it’s still low in my opinion . The Pelxi , jtm45 when u push it the output sounds is still low

Thanks

• I updated to Spark Amp Firmware v1.0.2.253 Beta.

I had been issue with USB output volume for recording with Logic Pro X.
    Now, it seems to be fixed.

Thank you support team.
    : )

I will check this improvement soon as possible.

"We’ve improved the tones of 6 drive pedals! Check out the new and improved Tube Drive, Over Drive, Fuzz Face, Black Op, Brassmaster, and SAB Driver!"

I love SAB Driver.
    That is good news for me.

My Enviroment

iMac 27 inch, Late 2012
    macOS Catalina 10.15.3
    Logic Pro X 10.4.8

• Will downloading the firmware make my Spark arrive faster?

<supposed to be humor> but Id like to get a shipping email...

• @michael-howell said in Spark Amp Firmware v1.0.2.253 Beta:

Will downloading the firmware make my Spark arrive faster?

<supposed to be humor> but Id like to get a shipping email...

Already tried, still not here.

• I have a feeling this might not work because I am on OSX Catalina which doesn't support unsigned kernel extensions. I can tell my amp is detected because it shows up as an audio interface.

I was just using a game controller earlier today, and it showed different firmware versions in its app so you can downgrade if you want. That might be a nice option to have. I think I'm going to just wait because I don't want to be stuck on a version that only works with a beta app.