Here are some UX issue and feedback for BIAS FX 2
hansyulian last edited by hansyulian
This post is per 9th of September 2019
- No support for touch screen, rip the windows tablet PC, my hope to be more portable than my Windows laptop
- "Save As" let you click OK but then give error when i forgot to select the Bank, so for this one either:
- dont let me save if i forgot to put the bank
- put it in default bank
- at least dont close the window after the prompt right away, and let me select the bank, because sometimes it makes me forgot what is the name of the preset i put
- Quicksnap doesn't tell me anything other than number, also the quicksnap doesn't persist after i close the Bias FX application, This cause me have to redo again the quicksnap everytime i want to do live performance which is very annoying
- There is no empty preset for me to start over, can we like create a new menu "New preset"? im scared that i might accidentally overwrite my previous preset.
- Unable to resize the window freely (at least in windows)
- Can we have some kind of display or a hover tooltip or anything that can help to indicate what is the value of the knob?
- Can we have a cloud sync of preset? At home i use my PC to do experiment and recordings, but when im going for live, i use my laptop. currently the way im doing it is copy over the BIAS FX2 folder in documents from my PC to my laptop to get my presets in PC. Anyway dont say to use the tone cloud to upload it, because:
- not like everyone always remember to save to tone cloud specifically even if you told so
- for me, i have a lot of scratch presets that isn't finished yet for my tone experiment, if we have the tone cloud to automatically save it there, then the searching of tone will be very messy with many people's scratch presets lying around and causing a lot of confussion and waste time
- Metronome please? at least for practice and warm up
- Allow things other than midi controller to do or change of setup in BIAS, even like keyboard button press should be able to be used to trigger preset change etc. If we even have remote control app in phone, that one even better.
- Alternative for number 4: can we at least bind like the number keys to the quicksnap? that will be helpful also
@hansyulian Thanks for the inputs! All well noted and will be shared to our product team directly, thanks a bunch.
3. Quicksnap doesn't tell me anything other than number, also the quicksnap doesn't persist after i close the Bias FX application, This cause me have to redo again the quicksnap everytime i want to do live performance which is very annoying
=> We're working on the feature now and you will be able to save the quicksanp in BIAS FX2 in the future, thank you.
4. There is no empty preset for me to start over, can we like create a new menu "New preset"? im scared that i might accidentally overwrite my previous preset.
=> You can actually clear the signal path to have a new preset, check this article: