Feature request: polyphonic pitch shifter

• The only thing that I need that's not provided in BiasFX iOS is a polyphonic pitch shifter like the Digitech Drop Tune.

BiasFX iOS is so awesome because now I don't have to drag around my AxeFX Ultra for versatility. I use my Drop Tune pedal so I don't have to take multiple guitars for different tunings to practices and gigs, but to ultimately lighten my load, I wish BiasFX would let me leave my DT pedal at home too!

Is this in the works? Does it require too much processing power?

• A2

I would like a harmonizer too! I keep seeing the claim of polyphonic pitch shifters, a. la. DNA or some other scheme but usually when I try them its a distinction without a difference. Does the Digitech version really somehow pull apart incoming notes of a chord and shift them separately in real time? Is there any actual difference from a chromatic pitch shifter?

• @pipelineaudio I have an old Digitech IPS-33 which does 3-part intelligent harmonizing (but not polyphonic). But, if you put your ear up to it, you can hear it humming as if there is something moving or spinning inside. Not sure if such a thing could be accomplished in software alone, but I'd pay BIG money to Positive Grid for that effect if they nailed it.

• A2

I loved the IPS and then the TSR! There's a free VST called PitchProof that does the TSR style pretty well. I mocked up a key based harmonizer that could do ok at zero latency and offered it to PG...I'll mock it up closer in Juce and see if they'll take it. I REALLY want a harmonizer in Bias FX! Thats one that is sadly missing from a lot of the players, but Amplitube, TH3, and Axe have it

• I wonder if there is a concern about horsepower for a pitch shifter, especially on older iOS devices. If patches suddenly became non-portable between desktop and mobile it would be an issue for PG, I think.

• A2

Could be, but Tonestack has one that ran on my Mini 2 just fine

• I was so excited for BIAS FX coming to iPhone. Even my old and rusty 5S runs it just fine. But i was so bummed to find out that BIAS FX does not have a Digitech Drop kind of effect. Even Line 6 Helix Native has a pitch shifter with which you can basically chromatically tune up and down as you wish. I would love to see similar feature implemented in BIAS FX, both desktop and mobile. I know that you can kinda tune down with the current whammy pedal, but it is not the same and has limited number of modes.
    It is a very important feature as you won't have to carry multiple guitars for different tunings, it is especially important for playing on a mobile device.

• @beretblack I have Helix hardware also... and IMHO the pitch shifter is unusable as a drop tuning effect, too many artifacts for my taste. I would just carry a Digitech Drop if it was a huge issue. Main use for the pitch shifter in Helix is as a dual detune for VH style FX or as a traditional Whammy or Harmonizer...

• A2

I'm still not convinced there's anything actually polyphonic about any of the claimed polyphonic shifters out there (except any that may be using DNA)