Amp Match module in BIAS Amp 2 is hitting my i7-8700K by 30-40%!!!

• I recently upgraded my machine from i7-2600K to i7-8700K and from Win7 to Win10.
    The overall performance is now better, but when I put the sound card buffer to 64 I get about 50-60% of system usage in Pro Tools if I record thru BIAS!!!

Just now accidentally I mooved the Amp Mutch module out of the line and system usage indicator came down to 20%.
    Any idea, what can be the reason for such a behavior?

• A2

is this applying a match or learning a match? I could see why learning at super low latencies would be insane cpu use

• Sorry, don't know exactly what you mean.
    I use one of "Amp Match" presets from Tonecloud, which I tweaked a bit for my needs. If I push record button on a track where Amp2 is inserted, system usage monitor (inside of Pro Tools) jumps to 60-70%. When I bypass Amp Match module, it comes down to 30-40%. What is still too much in my opinion.
    Today I noticed that the CAB module also eat about 10%!
    If I use bx_megadual instead of Bias seems like it doesn't take even 1% of my CPU.

I realy like how the Bias Amp sounds, but 60-70% of modern 6 core CPU it's just a pain :(

• Apps use resources differently and all. The more modular, components versus sections, the more division of resources it seems. Ten percent for a cab section seems decent. Amp match will be like an amp, so no surprise there. Also, we don't know whether PG stuff multi-threads. Not usually means higher overhead.

• It seems like Amp2 works better under Win7 than Win10.
    I didn't notice such a high CPU load on the same project with same buffer size under Win7. And the machine I used under Win7 was not so powerful as I use now.
    PG support says that their DSP team is aware of this issue. Hopefuly, they will fix it.

Looks like your connection to Positive Grid Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.