Bias Amp 2 iPad upgrade questions

• My BIAS updated to version to the other day and noticed it’s $15 to upgrade? I played on the stuff that it has with it, and none of it sounded any different than version one; Is all the new stuff behind this upgrade, or is it all pointless? $15 isn’t bad if it actually works, because this is my go to practice software on the go; Later this summer I plan to buy Bias 2 Pro and FX on the PC when I begin taking on larger recording projects, so I want to know for the iPad version...after I pay to upgrade, is the sound improved, and are there new amps? I didn’t really notice anything change with the update.

@bradley_ames75 Hi, BIAS AMP 2 Classic (the upgrade from Amp 1 to Amp 2, for free) has more features than BIAS AMP 1 and is fully downward-compatible with BIAS AMP1's presets. please also refer to the FAQ below

https://help.positivegrid.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003220292-FAQ-BIAS-AMP-2-Mobile

The $15 upgrade is not necessary if you're happy with Amp 2 Classic (with the same features as Amp 1, but with Amp 2 UI and some new features)

Let me know if you have any further question,
    Thank you!

• I'd be interested in reviews from folks who have paid the $15 to upgrade.

I mostly use Bias FX and only occasionally do additional tweaking in Bias Amp. Are the upgrades worthwhile?

• Can only speak for myself but ... yes, it’s worth it.
    Had Bias Amp and Bias fx fir a while but moved over to ToneStack. Felt the improvements in Classic were a big step forwards and the upgrade with ability to run 2 mics etc makes it even better.
    I also bought one of the Celestion IR packs and to me this puts it way above other amp sims. I have Celestion IRs already direct from Celestion but the ones in Bias Amp 2 compare really well... also the ability to select and position 2 mics puts the Cab sims on a par with other much more expensive products.

• I'd love to buy this, but after the most recent update, all of my amps are fizzy and sound like someone farting into a microphone; it's always too trebbly and fizzy, with a loud hiss at all times....

@bradley_ames75 We've just released v2.0.1 update for Amp 2 iPad yesterday, please try the update to see if the issue is resolved, thank you!

• @bradley_ames75 updated to latest version and it sounds absolutely great.

• Still having the issues with cabs, but they let me downgrade to 1.8 until a fix is in place; Pretty nice of them to do for me! I'll download the iPad version again next month (I've got a desktop/laptop to use as my main go to anyway) and if they all work I'll buy the upgrade on there too. Still works better for me than spending $400 on helix native.

• I have discovered something....I purchased the $15 upgrade and now it all works... uninstalled and reinstalled the app without restoring purchases and the cabs are all busted....I think this issue might be with it recognizing purchases....weird

Looks like your connection to Positive Grid Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.